10/01/2005

sooooo technologically challenged this week!

ok...so last month sometime, I was taking pictures of things I am selling on ebay and I dropped my camera on its lens. My nice digital camera is now dead.

I was trying to scan some old slides of my family from the 40s and 50s for a cousin. The light thing that does the scanning is jammed. I think it didn't being hiked up to IL from FL. Although I think I remember getting the extra service plan for it at Best Buy...now where are those papers!?!?

I made it home from WV with everyone surviving (me, mom, and Max - my dog). BUT! I left my phone charger at the last hotel we stayed in. I did figure that out within 15 minutes of being back here, and called and they sent it and (like the run-on sentence?) it arrived today. I finally have a phone again!

What else? Oh yeah...the last thing...and this is really scary...I picked up my laptop last night and one of the covers on the bottom side was missing. My arch enemy in Australia, Brett, took advantage of the panic and tried to tell me there's a hot market for people stealing them. NOT FUNNY! Anyway, I'd dropped it in the library here--I went today and the really annoying reference woman who's worked there for as long as I can remember had it. I didn't even want to go and ask her if they'd found it--she's that annoying. I'll write a story about her one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home